Ride Norfolk Cancellation Policy 3.0
Due to safety concerns Ride Norfolk service will not operate if the weather and/or road conditions are deemed unsafe for vehicles to operate.
Ride Norfolk Service will be cancelled under the following conditions:
- Grand Erie District School Board closes schools or there is no school bus transportation for Zone 1 (Norfolk County) due to weather conditions
- The Public Transportation Coordinator (PTC) deems the roads unsafe for Ride Norfolk Service to operate. This decision shall be made in consultation with the Bus Driver and/or Norfolk County Roads Department.
If possible the decision to cancel the daily service due to weather conditions will be made prior to the start of daily service (8:00 AM).
Once the decision is made the PTC will inform the public by completing the following:
- contacting MyFM 98.9 (Simcoe Radio) and having the cancellation announced
- updating the Ride Norfolk website and Facebook pages announcing service cancellation
- PTC voicemail will note the cancellation of the service
Public Transportation Coordinator
4077 Highway #3 East
Simcoe On, N3Y 4T2